Tools used in this Tutorial
- Photoshop (Gimp and Paint works too)
- Obsidian (Extraction Tool)
- LCSManager (Skin Installer Tool)
- XnConvert (Best free image convertion tool)
I personally use the LCSManager by moonshadow565 to create my mods because we can edit the mods. So let’s simply create a recolored custom skin.
1. First you need to extract the wad.client file and select the file you want to modify.
2. After that go to the image file you want to modify and import it into your image editor. For me it’s Photoshop.
What you also can do if you don’t have any dds plugin installed is to convert your .dds file into .png using XnConvert.
3. Now we can repaint the textures.
4. If done we save it as .dds dxt1. DXT1 means we don’t have a transparent channel. If you want to have a transparent texture choose DXT5. Or Save it as .png and convert it with the XnConvert Tool to .dds
5. Now we need to add also 2x_ and 4x_. These textures are needed if someone is using the low resolutions for the character. XnConvert can do that easy by doing this:
6. Now we are ready to pack into a modfile. Go to LCSManager and click on create a mod. After that add your informations and add the RAW Folder
7. Never select the DATA, LEVELS or ASSETS Folder otherwise it will not work. Select the folder ABOVE theses folders.
8. Done! Now we can load it ingame ?