This tutorial will teach you have to color change a lot of particles easily in Photoshop.
If you encounter any issues with this tutorial or you don’t understand part of it, you can ask for help on the Killerskins-Discord server
or you can contact me directly: IM#6715
Recording your recolor-action
First you will need to open a file and create an action to change the color.
After doing that it automatically starts recording. I’ll just do a Hue/Saturation layer to get the color to a light blue.
Next you want to save it as .dds: File > Save As…
With NVIDIA Texture tools you want to export with those settings:
Then stop recording the action.
Close the file you just used.
Now you import all the files you want to edit into Photoshop.
Following particle textures dont need to be or shouldn’t be changed:
– textures without color (aka grayscale), as they get their color from .bin files
– textures with “distort” in their name (they are light blue with red, green and blue)
– textures that have the champion textures on them
– textures that have “team” in their name and are red and blue (those are indicators if the skill is from a teammate or enemy)
– textures that you want to fully change the shape of
– textures that have a green and purple checkered pattern
Now go to File > Automate > Batch…
Select your Set and Action you just made and copy the rest of the settings in this screenshot.
Then Photoshop will just do its work.
and it’s done!