This tutorial teaches you how to take particles from one champion and reuse them on another champion.
If you encounter any issues with this tutorial or you don’t understand part of it, you can ask for help on the Killerskins-Discord server
or you can contact me directly: Yoru#1006
Table of Contents
Cpt Redbeardeard figured out how to edit Particles like we used to do before by editing troybins. So now you can take the exact Particles from a champion and can put it on another one, like here: Heartseeker Jinx R explosion on Jhin’s E.
In order to follow this tutorial you must understand and be able to follow the following tutorials:
- Obsidian by Crauzer – Extracting .wad.client files
- Ritobin by moonshadow565 – Converting .bin files to .py
- BinReaderGUI by autergame – Reading containers in .bin files
- Editor for Python files (I recommend Visual Studio Code + Python extension)
- Bintex by Marcius – listing all textures and models inside .py files
- Binsplash/Hacksaw by Marcius – Recoloring .bins easily
best order to work on particles to minimize fuckups
- Look up skills that might be useful for your champion (skin previews etc.)
- Extract the bins and particles for those abilities
- Copy all the particles folders of the other champions into your wad folder
- Edit the bins to your liking
- Check in-game
- If you have buggy textures: Run your wad folder through bintex, open the “Combined” list and add any missing files to your wad folder
- Make sure that you now have everything in-game
- In bins, reroute all your particle files to the base folder of your champion in the bins
- Move all your particle files into the base folder of your champion
- Hope everything is there, if not, check the bintex list again or the code directly and add missing files.